Peach and Weet-Bix Muffins
Wattie’s Peaches and Sanitarium Weet-Bix have always been a kiwi favourite at breakfast time. Now this iconic combination can be enjoyed at any time of the day with these delicious muffins.
View the method
- 410g can Wattie's Peaches Sliced in clear fruit juice
- 8 Sanitarium Weet-Bix biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup lite milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 50g butter, melted
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Drain Wattie’s Peaches Sliced and clear fruit juice, reserve the juice. Chop peaches.
- Place the crushed Sanitarium Weet-Bix biscuits, wholemeal flour, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Stir ingredients together and add the chopped peaches.
- Pour the milk and reserved fruit juice into a bowl. Add the eggs and baking soda. Whisk to mix.
- Pour the egg mix into the dry ingredients. Add the melted butter. Mix together, being careful not to over-mix or the muffins will be tough.
- Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until muffins are golden and spring back at a touch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack