Black Bean Corn Quesadillas
Black beans and corn - two of our favourite things! These quesadillas are surprisingly easy and quick to make and pack lots of great Mexican flavours for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1 small onion
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 400g can Wattie’s Mexican Style Tomatoes
- 400g can Wattie's Black Beans in Springwater, drained
- 1 cup Wattie's Frozen Corn Kernels
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
- Lite sour cream
1. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add onion and red capsicum and cook over a medium heat for about 3 minutes until vegetables are soft. Pour over Wattie’s Mexican Tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Cook for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir in Wattie’s Black Beans and Wattie's Frozen Corn Kernels. Continue cooking for 5 minutes until beans and corn are hot. Remove from the heat.
2. Preheat a sandwich press or use a frying pan. Place a tortilla on the base plate. Spread about ½ cup of the hot mixture over one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with grated cheese and fold over to enclose the filling. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the quesadilla is crispy and hot, turning once if cooking in a frying pan Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Serve cut into wedges with sour cream and salad greens.