"Kadhai Paneer is a very simple North Indian dish. It is an irrestible combination of spices, capscicum and paneer. It is normally made during celebrations. This dish deserves to win as it not only tasty but also healthy!"
View the method
- 4 medium seized capsicum
- 500 g Paneer, cut in cubes
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp asteofida
- 2 pieces saffron
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cubes butter
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 bunch coriander, finely cut for dressing
- Dry fenugreek leaves (Kasoori methi)
- 1 tbsp salt, according to your taste
Back to ingredients
- Heat a pan with cooking oil.
- Add cumin, turmeric powder, saffron and asteofida to the oil.
- After the cumin splutters, add the onions and chillies to the pan.
- Let the onions turn slightly red, then add the ginger and garlic paste to it. Let it fry for a couple of minutes
- Add the capscicum and let it fry for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Turn the heat to a low heat while adding salt, coriander powder and black pepper powder.
- Cover the pan to allow the capscicum to cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, take another pan to shallow fry the paneer cubes. Add butter to the pan and let it melt.
- Add the paneer cubes to the melted paneer while continously stirring it.
- Let them turn brown before transferring it to the capscicum mixture in the other pan.
- Stir the mixture and cover the lid for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cover the lid.
- After cooking it on low heat for 10 minutes, turn the heat off.
- Add the cut coriander and dry fenugreek leavesto the Kadhai paneer.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving it with hot naan bread.