Watermelon and Goat's Cheese Salad
This is a light and refreshing salad which is simple to put together and is a great barbecue or dinner party side. Goes great with spiced, skewered lamb or chargrilled chicken.
View the method
- ¼ watermelon, rind removed
- ¾ cup thinly sliced snow peas
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup soft white cheese (try fresh ricotta, mozzarella, goat’s cheese
- or feta)
- ¼ cup toasted flaked sliced almonds
- Juice of 1 juicy lemon
Back to ingredients
- Roughly chop the mint leaves. Chop the feta into small cubes, or if the feta is soft, simply crumble it with your hands.
- Slice the watermelon into square chunks (rind removed) and arrange in plates or on a platter.
- Scatter over the snow peas, mint, cheese and toasted almonds.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice and season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
Add half a cup of blanched peas or broad-bean kernels.