New World Waka Kai
Order online at New World Whitianga and we'll deliver by boat straight to your beach!
What is New World Waka Kai?New World Waka Kai is an I Shop boat delivery service for New World Whitianga customers. From Monday 16 December-Wednesday 29 January, New World Whitianga will deliver groceries by boat to selected Coromandel beaches so you can skip the store and stay at the shore this summer!
Where is New World Waka Kai available?New World Waka Kai is only available at New World Whitianga. If you’re heading to the Coromandel this summer, be sure to check it out!
How do I place a New World Waka Kai order?Just like any other I Shop order! Simply log online at ishopnewworld.co.nz, select New World Whitianga as your store, pick ‘boat’ as your delivery option and your preferred delivery day and time, and that’s it!
Is Waka Kai available on the I Shop website and the app?Waka Kai is only available through the I Shop website. It is not compatible with the app.
Which beaches are you delivering to?
New World Waka Kai is delivering to six beaches: Whangapoua, Matarangi, Cooks Beach, Opito Bay, Hahei and Pauanui. For a delivery schedule of which beaches and when New World Waka Kai will deliver, please visit: newworld.co.nz/whitianga.
Why are you only delivering to these six beaches? Why aren’t you delivering to more?We chose to deliver to these six beaches due to easy access for the boat and proximity to high foot traffic areas. New World Waka Kai will not make deliveries to any other beaches besides these six.
When are you delivering to which beaches?
I went online to order through Waka Kai and there’s a three-hour delivery time window – that’s long!
Due to forces outside of our control, like the tides and unpredictable weather, we needed to factor in extra time for the boat to get from the store to beaches.
We know you don’t want to be waiting around all day, so the night before your scheduled delivery, you will receive a call from a store staff member who will provide a precise delivery time for your delivery the next day. This allows us to look at the weather and conditions and determine how long it will take the boat to get to your beach.
How long will you wait at the beaches for customers to come and fetch their groceries?We’ll wait at the beach for customers for up to 30 minutes. Thanks to the call from one of our store staff the night before providing a precise delivery drop-off time, we think customers will absolutely be able to meet us during this 30-minute window. But if they don’t meet us in time, we’ll take their order back to the store and call them to arrange an alternative delivery.
How will I find you on the beach to pick up my order?
Look for the ‘Pick Up Here’ flags and the bright red Sealegs boat! We’ll meet you at your beach’s primary landing spot for you to come pick up your order. You would have received a call if we are delivering to the beach’s secondary landing spot. Please find maps of all beach delivery drop off spots here: newworld.co.nz/whitianga .
We will deliver to a beach’s secondary landing spot if we are unable to deliver to the primary landing spot due to weather and/or sea conditions.
How much does this cost?New World Waka Kai costs the same as all other I Shop orders - $15 for orders under $200 and $10 for orders over $200
Why are you doing this?
We’re offering New World Waka Kai to specifically address some of our customers’ pain points when visiting the Coromandel over the busy summer period.
The region welcomes upwards of 500,000 visitors each summer, traffic is bananas, the store is crowded and people want to be at the beach and out in the sunshine, not out grocery shopping! We wanted to give our customers an awesome experience and a hassle-free holiday.
This is really cool – can we expect it at other New Worlds?As of right now, Waka Kai is only available at New World Whitianga. We’ll keep your feedback in mind as we potentially explore rolling the service out to other New Worlds in the future.
I wish this service was available for longer, it ends too early on 29 January; summer is just getting started!As of right now the New World Waka Kai service will end on 29 January. We’ll keep you posted if this changes!
I want to learn more about New World Waka Kai.
I’m having trouble accessing I Shop and can’t find the Waka Kai delivery option – please help.We’re sorry to hear you’re having troubles with I Shop! Please make sure you select New World Whitianga as your store and please select ‘boat’ as your delivery option. If your problem persists, please get back in touch.
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to I shop New World Waka Kai. I shop New World Waka Kai is New World Whitianga’s online supermarket where you can search for and purchase grocery items (Groceries) through the I shop New World Whitianga website and have your Groceries delivered to selected beaches in the Coromandel by boat. I shop New World Waka Kai is available from [Monday 16 December 2019] until [Wednesday 29 January 2020].
By accessing I shop New World Waka Kai, you are deemed to have read and agreed to both the I shop New World terms and conditions and these terms and conditions so please read carefully. Please note that these terms and conditions apply in addition to the I shop New World terms and conditions in relation to any Groceries you purchase from I shop New World Waka Kai. In the event of inconsistency, these terms and conditions will prevail.
The systems and intellectual property rights relating to or supporting I shop New World Waka Kai are owned or controlled by Foodstuffs North Island, Foodstuffs South Island, Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited, and/or any affiliate, subsidiary or related company of those Foodstuffs entities (together, Foodstuffs). Whitianga Supermarket Limited (New World Whitianga) (we, our or us in these terms and conditions) is responsible for the supply and delivery of Groceries ordered by you through I shop New World Waka Kai. Any orders you place through I shop New World Waka Kai are legally binding offers and if accepted by us, a legally binding contract is formed between you and us.
I Shop New World Waka Kai will operate on the following terms and conditions:
- I shop New World Waka Kai is only offered by New World Whitianga.It is not available at any other New World store.
- You place your order for Groceries via New World Whitianga’s I shop website.I shop New World Waka Kai is not available via the I shop mobile application.
- You select your preferred delivery time and location.New World Waka Kai will deliver to select beaches throughout the Coromandel. Please select from the available options which beach you would like your Groceries delivered to (Nominated Beach).
- I Shop New World Waka Kai will make a maximum of four deliveries on its days of operation. I Shop New World Waka Kai will make two morning (AM) deliveries between 9am-12pm and two afternoon (PM) deliveries between 1pm-4pm. For a full schedule of beach delivery locations, please visit here. There is a limit to the number of orders that can be delivered during each available timeslot.
- You can reserve a boat delivery timeslot for up to 30 minutes while you select your Groceries on the I shop New World Waka Kai website. After that time, we cannot guarantee that the boat Delivery Timeslot you reserved will still be available and you may be prompted by I shop New World Waka Kai to select another timeslot.
- We will do what we reasonably can to deliver your order within the timeslot selected by you. New World Whitianga will determine in its sole discretion whether your order can be delivered by boat.If it is not possible for us to deliver your order by boat within the timeslot you have selected, due to the size of your order or for any other reason as determined by New World Whitianga we will try to contact you using the contact information you provided to us during registration (or subsequently updated by you). We will try to work with you to identify an alternate option which could include but is not limited to; delivery by New World van, Click & Collect or boat delivery the following day depending the size and number of the orders for the following day.
- New World Waka Kai boat will deliver your Groceries to your Nominated Beach.
- We will only deliver your order to your Nominated Breach within your chosen Delivery Timeslot (AM or PM). We will not deliver your Groceries to any other beach pick-up locations. Due to tide times, weather and variables outside of our control, the beach pick-up spot booking time is broad at the time of placing your order. We will endeavour to contact you on your provided mobile number the afternoon prior to your selected delivery date and endeavour to provide you with a more specific pick-up time within a 30-minute window for you to collect your order from your Nominated Beach pick-up spot.
- We will remain at your Nominated Beach for 30 minutes for you to collect your Groceries. If you are not at the Nominated Beach pick-up spot within this timeframe, your order will be taken back to New World Whitianga and we will contact you to arrange the collection of your Groceries from New World Whitianga. This may incur additional fees. We will not leave your Groceries at the Nominated Beach pick-up spot if you are unable to meet us during the timeframe.
- We will do what we reasonably can to deliver within your chosen I Shop New World Waka Kai Delivery Timeslot. If that is not possible due to weather or any other factors, we will try to contact you using the contact information you provided to us.
- For any questions about your order or I shop New World Waka Kai please call New World Whitianga directly on 07 867 1900.