Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie
Whip up this easy and delicious gluten-free brownie and be rewarded with mouthfuls of light, crunchy, chocolatey goodness.
View the method
- 1 cup good-quality peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (I used Valrhona)
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana, about 1 large
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, size 7
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- To top:
- 100 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped (Whittaker's 62% Cocoa Dark Cacao)
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
Back to ingredients
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin and line fully with baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan bake.
- Brownie:Whisk the peanut butter, cocoa and banana in a bowl then whisk in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Tip into the cake tin and spread evenly then sprinkle over the chocolate, then the peanuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes until puffed and risen. Cool completely in the tin. Cut into squares or fingers to serve.Makes 12