Such a classic! Perfect for getting pre-schoolers to stir the mixture and spoon onto baking trays. They’ll love being involved and you’ll be happy with the results … treat yourself to a cup of tea once the clearing up is done.
View the method
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- ½ cup coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1½ cup rolled oats
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Grease two baking trays or line with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup over a low heat in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix the baking soda into the boiling water and add to the melted butter mixture.
- Stir the dry ingredients (coconut, caster sugar, flour and oats) into the melted butter mixture.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking trays, leaving room for spreading in between each biscuit.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave for a few minutes on the tray then transfer to a wire rack to cool.