White chocolate & cranberry muesli bars
"This recipe combines the sweetness of the white chocolate and the sourness of dried cranberries to create a beautiful mix. I discovered the combination last year and I love making this with my fiance on a Sunday night. This recipe has been adapted to suit our taste buds and defies Kiwi ingenuity."
- 125 g unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup cranberries
- ½ a block of Whittaker's White Chocolate, chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and butter and line a 20cm × 30cm lamington tin (line the base and two long sides, making sure the paper overhangs the side by 2cm).
- Melt the butter with the sugar and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir, without letting it boil, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before lifting out and cutting into 5cm squares.