Packed with natural wheat bran fibre, adding a little All-Bran® to your favourite recipes is an easy way to help get the fibre you need, deliciously. Just one tablespoon of All-Bran® Original provides 7% of your daily fibre needs. With these recipes you’ll see just how versatile this simple breakfast cereal can be.
*One 45g serve of All-Bran® Original provides 42% of your daily fibre needs.
© 2017 Kellogg Company. ® Registered trade marks Kellogg (Aust) Pty Ltd authorised user.
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 110g (1/2 cup) firmly packed brown sugar
- 105g (1 1/3 cup) All Bran® Original, plus 2 tbsp extra
- 55g (1/3 cup) chopped pitted dried dates
- 40g (1/3 cup) walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sunflower oil
- 80ml ( 1/3 cup) reduced fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large (about 1 cup mashed) ripe bananas, mashed
- Honey, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C or 160˚C fan forced. Spray a 7cm deep, 10 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf tin with olive oil. Line base and two long sides with a piece of non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Add the sugar, All-Bran® Original, dates and half the walnuts, stir to combine.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, milk and vanilla, stir through the mashed banana. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared tin, smooth surface with back of a spoon. Sprinkle top with remaining walnuts and extra All-Bran® Original. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Serve toasted with a drizzle of honey.