Russian syrniki or cottage cheese pancakes with raisins
"This is a traditional Russian meal. My granny used to make it for me, that's where I first tried this exceptional dish. It can be cooked for breakfasts and/or for desserts. It is easy to make and is so tasty."
View the method
- 500g cottage cheese
- 50-100g flour (depends on consistency of the cottage cheese)
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 100g of raisins
Back to ingredients
- Break egg into a bowl, add sugar and mix together.
- Add half the flour and mix.
- Add all the cottage cheese and raisins and mix.
- Make pancakes out of the mix that you have - before putting them in the frying pan roll them in flour.
- Add oil to the frying pan and fry pancakes, when they become golden they are ready.
- Serve pancakes with jam.