All Star Chicken Parcels
These chicken breast parcels are a little something special, wrapped with bacon and ricotta.
View the method
- 125g Perfect Italiano Ricotta
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Finely grated zest of ½ a lemon
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- Lemon halves
- A little pesto thinned with olive oil, to serve
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 220˚C fanbake and line a shallow oven dish with baking paper
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta, garlic, lemon zest, thyme and salt. Cut open each chicken thigh at its thickest edge, spoon a quarter of the ricotta mix inside, then fold over the top half to enclose.
- Arrange 2 rashes of bacon in a cross shape and place a filled chicken thigh in the centre. Wrap the chicken with the bacon to create a parcel. Repeat.
- Arrange the parcels on the oven dish with the bacon joins underneath. Add lemon halves and thyme sprigs and bake until the chicken juices run clear (about 25 minutes).
- Rest for 5 minutes then drizzle with a little thinned pesto to serve.