Edmonds Easter Bunny Cookies
These are sure to get your vote for the cutest Easter themed treats!
View the method
- 2 ½ cups Edmonds Standard Grade Flour
- ½ tsp Edmonds Baking Powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Pink icing:
- ¾ cup icing sugar, sifted
- 3-4 tsp milk
- a few drops red food colouring
- White icing:
- ½ cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tsp milk
- white marshmallows
- pink sugar pearls
Back to ingredients
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to blend and set aside. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until fluffy and pale, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla extract. Beat in egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until thoroughly combined. Divide dough into two equal parts. Flatten each portion into a disk and wrap well in plastic wrap. Chill for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 170°C (conventional). Remove both disks from fridge and unwrap.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll both disks out to about 5mm thick. Cut out 12 circles using a 7cm round cutter and 24 circles using a 3cm round cutter for the bunny feet. Place cut-outs on prepared baking trays, spacing them 3cm apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes for the large cookies and 8-10 minutes for small cookies, or until edges are golden brown. Transfer baking trays to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the pink icing, stir together icing sugar, 3-4 teaspoons of milk and a few drops of red food colouring, until smooth and thick. Spread pink icing over large cooled cookies and press a marshmallow into the centre.
- To make the white icing, stir together the icing sugar and milk until smooth and thick and spread over small cookies.
- Position two small cookies over the icing to resemble feet. Once icing is set, spread a small circle of pink icing over the feet and press three pink sugar pearls into the icing to resemble toes.