No bake apricot and coconut slice
This sweet treat is a sometimes food you could have in your lunch box - and you don't even need to bake it!
- 75g butter
- 1/3 tin condensed milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (cashews or almonds)
- 100g plain biscuits (crumbled)
- Some coconut for rolling
1. Melt together in a pot over a gentle heat the 75g butter, 1/3 tin condensed milk and 1/2 cup chocolate pieces.
2. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Crush the biscuits and then add to the melted ingredients, along with the 1/2 cup apricots and 35g nuts and stir well.
4. Refridgerate for an hour or so until firm.
5. Pile the mixture onto a piece of baking paper and shape into a log. Wrap tightly, twisting the ends to fasten.
6. Remove the paper and roll in coconut.
7. Refridgerate again for a few hours.
8. Cut into slices and get them ready for your lunchbox!