Beef and Mushroom and Feta Tacos
You can't go wrong with these beef, mushroom and feta tacos, easy to make and delicious!
View the method
- 500g beef schnitzel, sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon Gregg’s Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Gregg’s Ground Paprika
- 250g Pams Fresh Express button mushrooms, quartered
- 3 cloves Humzinga Garlic, sliced
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 box Old El Paso Tacos Shells 12’s
- 1-2 avocado, sliced
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 100g Ornelle Feta, crumbled
- 200g Boca Onion Relish
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, oil, flour
Back to ingredients
- Heat some oil in a large pan till it is really hot, add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes before adding the garlic.
- Remove when the mushrooms are cooked, mix in the coriander and set aside.
- Warm the tacos in the oven while you cook the schnitzel.
- In large bowl, toss together beef, cumin, paprika, two tablespoons flour, salt and pepper.
- Reheat oil in the same pan, turn to high and fry beef, in batches, until browned but still pink inside – around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fill the tacos individually or display the steak, mushrooms, lettuce, avocado, feta, caramelized onion and taco shells on a large board and let everyone help themselves.
- Add some dried chilli flakes and/or oregano to the flour mix.
- Serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the finished tacos.
- Substitute strips of chicken or pork instead of the beef schnitzel