Indian style lamb racks
"This recipe is an original east Indian dish. It's very simple, tasty and melts in your mouth. Originally from my grandmother, I have added a few ingredients. I tried it in NZ years ago with NZ lamb racks and it never tasted better. Try it and you will be amazed."
- 8 lamb racks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 3 tbsp garlic paste
- 3 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 green chillies
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 5 peppercorns
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Cut and trim each lamb rack.
- Dash the meat and flatten it.
- Lightly fork it for the paste to go into the meat.
- Rub the paste over the meat on both sides and keep to rest for 2-3 hours.
- Lightly coat with egg and breadcrumbs.
- In a pan heat oil and shallow fry on each side on medium heat for 3-4 mins till golden brown.
- Serve hot with Indian pilau or baby potatoes tossed in a bit of garam masala powder.