This refreshing orange sorbet is an easy way to cool down when the sun is hot outside!
- 2 cups fresh orange juice (approximately 9 oranges)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 star anise
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, stirring well until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Take off heat and allow to cool. Remove the star anise.
3. Transfer orange mix into an air tight container and freeze for 6-8 hours. After two hours, scrape and stir the freezing orange mix with a fork to help break down the ice crystals. Continue every hour.
4. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and allow several minutes to soften before serving.
- If your sorbet hardens into a solid cube, leave on the bench until it has softened slightly, scrape with a fork to aerate and refreeze until ready to serve.
- Keep your orange peels in an airtight container for orange zest which can be grated from your frozen fruit, as required.