This Nasi Goreng recipe is very practical when you have leftover foods in your fridge, it is easy to make and tastes delicious.
View the method
- Cooked rice,
- 100g shoulder bacon (or sausage/chicken/beef/fish) cut into cubes
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon cooking oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Small amount of green vegetables (silverbeet/spinach/cabbage), thinly sliced.
- 4 tablespoon sweet soya sauce (kecap manis)
- 2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Sambel oelek (or chili sauce)
Back to ingredients
- Heat 1 Teaspoon cooking oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Crack the 2 eggs into the pan and make scrambled egg, season with salt and pepper to taste then put aside.
- Cook the onion and garlic in a Teaspoon of oil, add the capsicum and bacon and stir fry for 2 minutes then add the rest of the vegetable and stir fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice and mix in well, remove the pan from the stove if required to prevent burning.
- Add the combined sauce ingredients and stir fry for 1 minute.