Tomato, feta and ham tart
This Mediterranean inspired dish is packed full of delicious, fragrant flavours and Mediterranean delights. A perfect meal idea for the whole family.
View the method
- 400g block, short savoury pastry, defrosted
- ½ cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1-2 ham steaks, diced
- 100g feta cheese, diced
- 12 semi-dried tomato halves in oil, drained
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Grease a 21cm round enamel pie dish or similar.
- On a lightly floured board, roll the pastry to a 30cm circle. Place in the prepared pie dish, allowing the excess to hang over the sides.
- Spread the ricotta over the pastry base. Scatter over the remaining ingredients. Fold the overhanging pastry roughly over the pie. Brush with milk or beaten egg to glaze.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden.
Drizzle with olive oil, scatter over fresh herbs, olives and capers.