San choy bau
Add these crispy lettuce cups to your weekly routine and never get bored - they're packed with crispy noodles, fresh coriander and a chilli hit!
View the method
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 500g pork mince
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed
- ½ cup of crispy noodles
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, optional
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced, optional
Back to ingredients
- Bring a large pan or wok to a medium high heat with a drizzle of oil. Cook the onion, garlic and ginger until the onion has become translucent. Add the pork mince and cook for 4-5 minutes while breaking up with a spoon.
- Pour the soy, oyster and hoisin sauce into the pork mince mixture, along with the rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Stir to combine, then remove from the heat and mix in the bean sprouts.
- Pull the cos lettuce apart into separate leaves and lay on a serving platter. Top the leaves with the mince mixture, then garnish with crispy noodles, coriander and chilli.