Thai Bean Salad
Spice up your next meal with these Thai-inspired sweet and sour green beans. The perfect option for when you’re a bit pressed for time. This simple salad makes a fabulous side for a wide range of dishes.
View the method
- ¼ cup lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Pams Brown Sugar
- 1 – 2 tablespoons fish sauce (to taste)
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 500g green beans
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons coriander or mint, to garnish
Back to ingredients
- Place the lime or lemon juice, rice vinegar, brown sugar, fish sauce and chilli in a small bowl. Mix well to combine, then set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Blanch the green beans for 2 minutes, then remove from the pan and refresh in iced water.
- Drain the beans and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange on a platter. Drizzle with the chilli dressing and top with the chopped roasted peanuts. Garnish with coriander or mint.
- Make this simple salad a real show-stopper with fresh peas and bean sprouts.
- Reduce the number of ingredients by adding chopped peanuts and 2 tablespoons of lime juice to a store-bought sweet chilli dressing.