This recipe was given to me by my friend Manolo Noriega, who in turn learned it from his dad. It is a hearty Spanish dish which is comfort food to the max!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1kg Floury Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1/2 onion, sliced finely
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1 red/yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp paprika, smoked is best
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put oil in a big saucepan and fry the chorizo for a couple of minutes, stirring so it browns evenly.
- Add the onion and keep stirring until it becomes translucent. Add the pepper and the garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (potatoes, water, tomato purée, paprika and seasoning)
- Cook for approx. 20 minutes, adding more broth if necessary, stirring and slightly crushing the potatoes so their starch is released and thickens the sauce.
- Serve in bowls, garnish with chopped parsley and serve with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the juices.
Tip: A glass of Rioja wine or Chardonnay is the perfect drink to to accompany the meal!