Turkey and avocado rolls
A delicious and easy way to use up leftover roast turkey (or chicken).
View the method
- 1 1/2 cups shredded roast turkey or chicken
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened yoghurt
- 8 slices plain or wholemeal bread
Back to ingredients
- Place the turkey, mayonnaise, yoghurt and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Cut 3/4 of the avocado in to cubes and gently fold through the turkey mix.
- Trim the crusts from each slice of bread, then place on a chopping board and gently flatten with either another chopping board or a rolling pin.
- Spread each slice lightly with the remaining 1/4 avocado.
- Divide the turkey mixture between each slice evenly, making a small sausage shape in the centre of each one.
- Roll each piece of bread to enclose the filling, and cut into three.
- Place on a serving platter, cover and chill until needed.
NOTE: YOu can add extra fillings such as capsicum or carrots prior to rolling them up for a different twist.